Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Where have you been?

You may have noticed prez2012 has been down for the last day or so... Do not fear - I haven't pulled the plug or missed payments on anything. I've just changed my hosting provider and it took a bit of time to get everything changed around and showing up.

I've now got 16 times the storage space and access to a lot of new features, but I'm paying about half the price of what I was spending before. Good deal, no?

As for my hunt for a new car, I've switched gears a bit. I'm thinking that it's just not the right time in my life for a convertible. My new frontrunner? The Hyundai Tiburon.

Hyundai? Hyundai??! Yeah, I know. If you're anything like me, when you think Hyundai, you immediately think of small, cheap, low quality cars. But that's not the case anymore. Check it out here.

Tiburon is Spanish for shark. Actually, it should be spelled tiburón, with the accent on the o, but Hyundai is a Korean car company so I guess it's understandable they don't know that. There is a certain sense of destiny or fate here. I'm somewhat enamored with sharks. I have several in my classroom. I have a shark on my car's keychain. My "nature name" at Outdoor Ed was Tigre Tiburón. I'm off to the dealer tomorrow to check it out!

4 Comments:

At 7/28/2004 7:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a teacher and future President of the United States I feel it is your duty, your responsibility, to drive a car with less flash and glam. That Hyundai is over the top. You should be driving a Prius or another hybrid. That is a car that screams, "I respect our country, our natural resources, I will be the President in 2012".

 
At 7/28/2004 9:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should drive an American car....Mr. President.

Mark

 
At 7/28/2004 11:10 AM , Blogger prez said...

Both valid points... again, I cannot afford to be so environmentally friendly. The Prius and other hybrids are out of my price range (yes, there is a tax break, and yes, they save money on fuel in the long run, but I need a less expensive car on the sticker level). Plus most hybrids are just plain ugly, and that's important to me.

As for buying American, well, I can only say that Hyundai's founding chairman, Chung Ju-Yung, worked his way up from poor peasant to rice store owner to car manufacturer. I can only hope that my possible purchase of a Tiburon helps his very American-like success inspire a democratic revolution in North Korea.

 
At 7/29/2004 1:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiburon may mean shark in Spanish... but I think it loosely translates into "underpowered car with lawnmower engine" from Korean...

-Jinx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home