Thursday, July 01, 2004

Marriage?

So I'm down in Southern California for the next few days for my friend Gilbert's wedding. As one of his "groomsmen," I'll be all decked out in a tux come Saturday at 2:00. Of course, the other folks involved in the wedding will be dressed up, too, but with one key difference: they all have dates!

Yes, I'm at a wedding, which is supposed to be a romantic event, no? And I have no date. I think the expression is that I'm going "stag." Or something like that. Basically, it will be Gil and his new wife, Danny and his girlfriend, Jason and his girlfriend, "Roberto" and his girlfriend, Gilbert's fiancee's friends and their boyfriends, and me and Swaroop. Swaroop is a short Indian man obsessed with fantasy sports.

So you see my predicament?

Gil is the first close friend of mine to tie the knot. Naturally I must now reflect on marriage and where I stand on the issue. I'm 28 - no longer a spring chicken, really. Plus I don't even have a girlfriend. Tens of thousands of people saw me in the Yahoo! IM Live Competition. You'd think that just *one* of them would be a smart, intellectually stimulating Latina from the Bay Area between the ages of 23 and 29 with golden brown skin, beautiful long hair, no kids, high expectations, ambitions, and a tight body (not that I'm picky). But no. Apparently not. Gee whiz!

Instead, I'm going to Gilbert's wedding alone. When I was in college, I figured 25 would be a good age to get married. Once I turned 25, I figured 28. Now that I'm 28, well... maybe 30?

I hope Swaroop is a good dancer!

7 Comments:

At 7/01/2004 1:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait...I thought you were gay.

Oklahoma King

 
At 7/01/2004 11:49 PM , Blogger prez said...

Oklahoma Queen - no, I'm not gay.

 
At 7/05/2004 3:35 PM , Blogger Alison said...

Hi my names Ali, i emailed in a few times during the IM Live contest. Anywho, was just going to say that you have a great blog, and your writing is always entertaining,hugs* -ali-

 
At 7/05/2004 11:44 PM , Blogger prez said...

Hey Ali - thanks for the compliment! I appreciate you for reading!

D

 
At 7/07/2004 3:41 PM , Blogger Alison said...

Hey i was wondering if you cared if i posted a link to your blog onto mine? :) -Ali-

 
At 7/07/2004 3:59 PM , Blogger prez said...

Hey Ali, that would be fine - what's yours? Email me at prez@prez2012.com.

 
At 7/13/2004 5:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have taken Mark - he could have gotten more use out of that wig... :)

-Jinx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home