Sunday, July 25, 2004

Maniacal Hedge Clipper Woman

I have to mention this because it was soooo weird. Like, "straight out of a movie" weird.

When I was test driving the MR2 Spyder, I was zipping around the neighborhood with Mark when we drove by this older woman (maybe in her 40s?) cutting some bushes with these giant hedge clippers - you know, the kind that require 2 hands to use, about 2 feet long, like gigantic scissors. Mark laughed at the look she had on her face as we drove by. He described it as a "You young whipper snappers!" kind of a look. Perhaps I was driving too fast. So, naturally, I made a quick u to turn around and see her for myself, only this time the look on her face was a bit... different. With a look of pure, maniacal hatred on her face, her lips snarling, she stared us down as we drove by, as she *violently* opened and closed the clippers.

Not believing what we had seen, I naturally turned the car around again for another quick drive by. By now, of course, we're a little nervous. We are, after all, in a convertible, and a very small one at that. She could very easily pounce on Mark or throw the clippers at us or something. But the appeal of going by just one more time was too great. As we did so, once again, with a look that was part homicidal, part paranoid schizophrenic, she stared at us as we came down the street (I drove a bit more quickly this time) and deliberately opened and closed her clippers, opening them slowly, closing them quickly with great force. Oh those mortal blades!

2 Comments:

At 7/26/2004 10:14 AM , Blogger prez said...

Note that I did not say she was "old." I said she was "older." Which is true - I'm 28, and she was definitely old-er.

 
At 7/26/2004 5:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She was scary.

Mark

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home