Monday, November 13, 2006

Of Goals Worth Fighting For



This is one of the most inspiring, thought provoking, and sad things I've ever seen, all at the same time.

And reminds me of this quote, which I've been using as my signature file the last several weeks:

"Sometimes, you have to ask for something that you know you may not get. And still you have to ask for it. It's still worth fighting for and, even if you don't believe that you will see it in your lifetime, you have got to hold it up so that the generation that comes next will take it from your hands and, in their own time, see it as a goal worth fighting for again." - Congressman John Lewis

4 Comments:

At 11/13/2006 10:47 PM , Blogger Mark said...

So the question I have for you is:

Are you more of a tree, a Kiwi, or a hunter.

And which one do you WISH you were.

 
At 11/14/2006 6:51 AM , Blogger prez said...

No entiendo... How does a hunter fit in?

 
At 11/14/2006 7:43 AM , Blogger Mark said...

I'll be a teacher and indirectly answer your question:

Watch it again...and pay attention to the details.

 
At 11/15/2006 12:53 AM , Blogger prez said...

Of the three, I'm more of a kiwi, but I don't put in nearly as much effort or show as much dedication as this little guy does into achieving my dreams. I'd like to think, though, that all the things I'm doing with my life are the "trees" that will allow me to feel like I've been successful when all is said and done.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home