Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A moment of euphoria

It's 12:30. At night.

I, of course, have school tomorrow. I'll probably be writing close to all night. I'm already sleep deprived as it is, from the last several nights of high speed novel writing. My hair is all dried out and frazzled. My body is falling apart. My system has a Monster "Assault" energy drink running through it (in other words, I'm high on caffeine right now). My novel still far from the 50,000 word finish line, I somehow experienced a moment of optimistic euphoria about 45 seconds ago, enough to interrupt my furious novel writing for a minute to post this blog.

It is in moments like these, essentially moments of self-inflicted torture, that I feel most alive.

As Aragorn says, there is always hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home