Sunday, January 27, 2008

Beam Me Up, Scotty


Last weekend, Pam and I visited Star Trek the Tour in Long Beach. Though we were both sick, and went for purely recreational purposes only, there was an interstellar emergency in the middle of the event and Starfleet required our assistance. With Captain Kirk busy signing autographs and Lieutenant Uhura on the campaign trail with Barack Obama, I was asked to be a fill-in as captain with Pam as my communications officer. This image comes from the captain's log entry, taken as I was pondering what to do about a cloaked Klingon Bird of Prey off our starboard side. Ultimately, when the Klingons heard who they were dealing with ("Wait, Darron Evans? Where have I heard that name before? He's not... he couldn't be... is he the 'Mr. Evans' we've heard about? He's a 7th grade teacher. We probably shouldn't mess with him. bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'."), they backed off.

Below, after the successful mission, I'm being beamed back down to Long Beach. All in a day's work...

5 Comments:

At 1/28/2008 10:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that looked like a fun time. Hope you both get to feeling soon. Are we on for dinner this thursday?
Dad

 
At 1/30/2008 8:20 AM , Blogger Mark said...

Pam really got into character there...perfect hand positioning!

Darron, to where did you beam????

 
At 1/30/2008 10:34 AM , Blogger Maccerz said...

Darron is such a procrastinator, I bet he didn't even raise his shields until the Klingon Bird of Prey's photon torpedoes were only 20 clicks away from the starboard bow. Captain Kirk (who everyone knows is the ONLY real Enterprise captain) would have had Darron thrown into a Starfleet brig in a nanosecond had he been around for endangering his crew! hahahahahahaha! Take that, Darron!

 
At 1/30/2008 10:10 PM , Blogger prez said...

I "raised my shields" right away, if you know what I mean.

And Mark, don't act like you don't know where I beamed. It was a beautiful moment that I'll always remember, and you shouldn't be ashamed.

 
At 2/03/2008 10:39 AM , Blogger Mark said...

I'm beaming right now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home