Sunday, January 02, 2005

2005 - It's all about me.

Happy New Year! The fast is over - you can read all about it and what happened by clicking here.

I haven't been kind to my body since that fast. I ate a ton on the 30th and then on the 31st I poured a liberal amount of poison (i.e., alcohol) into it. I do not recommend this as a "What to do in the 36 hours after fasting for 3 days" list topper.

Now, deciding that I need to continue playing with by body and what goes into it, I have entered a 3 month pact with Mark. It begins with "Just Veggie January," a month-long celebration of all things that are not meat (in other words, I will be a vegetarian for the month). That, followed by "Fish February" in which I can eat everything I ate in January PLUS fish. I rarely eat fish or fruits and vegetables, so you can imagine how fun these two months are going to be. Finally, the last leg of the deal is "Most Meats March" where I can eat all the foods that were ok in January and February AND any meat that comes from a bird (chicken, turkey, quail, pheasant, duck, ostrich, etc.). I'm really looking forward to that.

Again, the situation begs the question, "Why?" Well, it's mostly that I need to expand my diet beyond turkey soft tacos and Safeway chicken. Perhaps this will finally enable me to stop making quotation marks with my fingers when my grandma asks me, "Do you cook?" and I say, "Well, I 'cook,' yes."

1 Comments:

At 4/24/2005 4:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you're finally using the crock pot I bought you years ago. That is a good sign. What would be better is to actually hear it from you little brother! Also, your nieces and nephew would love to hear from you once in awhile, and I will continue to write these things until you communicate with your sister's family. Thank you for your time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home