Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Fasting

So Mark and I had this crazy idea that we would finish off "our year" with a bang by fasting for 3 days. The fasting began today at 12:30 after a big, big last meal at the Elephant Bar in Irvine. Mark with his jambalaya and I with my fajitas relished each bite, knowing that it would be our last for a full 72 hours.

So now I wait. With only the delicious, satisfying taste of water to comfort me, I cautiously approach the next 60 or so hours. I, a man who loves to eat and can eat an awful lot, will fast. Ironically, the time will pass slowly.

I've set up a separate blog to chronicle our fasting adventures. You can access it here.

Mark and I will post there, when the need seems dire, our reflections, general thoughts, and possibly hallucinations as we go through this foodless journey together to close out 2004, aka "our year."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home