Saturday, August 19, 2006

Santa Teresa

After the Heidi-Amber fiasco, I received a phone call shortly after 9 am Friday. Seeing that the number was a 714 area code, I excitedly answered, knowing that it was Mercury. I had all my arguments planned out. I had practiced my opening salvo. I was ready for battle.

Teresa: Darron?

Me: Yes, that's me.

Teresa: This is Teresa from Mercury Insurance. I'm really sorry about what happened yesterday. I'm going to look at all the documentation we have on our end and I'll call you back soon. Of course you can email me what you have. Just send me the first and last bank statements and your spreadsheet. We want to get this taken care of as quickly as possible and get you your money back. I am soooo going to fire Heidi as soon as I get off the phone with you, that stupid lying b*tch.


Ok, so maybe she didn't really say that last part, but the rest was true. And no, I normally would never use that word or endorse using that word to describe anyone, especially women (well, I take that back - it's often a useful descriptor for Mark), but indulge my little fantasy.

But Teresa put out my flames of rage. I am no longer a rageaholic (you know, addicted to rageahol).

The grand total stolen from me? $6,013.30.

1 Comments:

At 8/19/2006 11:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll feel much better once I hear the check is in your hands!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home