Friday, June 16, 2006

Why I'm a Teacher

Joss began the year about three years behind in reading in English and had one of the lowest scores of any of my students in math. She ended the year as one of the best and strongest students I've had in my entire career. Yesterday she gave me a really nice cloth covered journal and wrote this inside:

Para el mejor maestro en el 5o grado, Mr. Evans!

Dear Mr. Evans,

Thank you for everything. If it wasn't for you and Ms. Obejero, I wouldn't be like this. I think that you were and still are a great teacher. You gave your time to help us and you never gave up. I like that about you.

Love,
Joss

3 Comments:

At 6/16/2006 12:09 PM , Blogger Mark said...

AWESOME!

 
At 6/16/2006 5:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's that box of Kleenex I was asking for a couple of blogs back? Notes like this from your students must make you realize that you are truly making a difference! Way to go, Darron!

 
At 6/17/2006 6:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true, One person can make a difference in someones life and you made a difference in hers.
Now when do I get to see those pictures?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home