Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Meet Darron Evans


Since we have not yet discovered the true identity of Vincent Mottola, I bend my mind towards my internet doppelgänger.

Well, not exactly. We share the same name.

Well, actually, that's not quite true either. We share the same spelling of our names. He actually pronounces it Da-ron (Duh-RON).

Darron Evans was, until recently, a forward for the Indiana State University Sycamores. "The Big Smooth" averaged 4 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 assists in his four long, arduous years there. I call them arduous because during those years my incredibly popular web site, prez2012.com, was relegated to the second page of google search results for "darron evans" due to the virtual cornucopia of web sites that keep college hoops stats.

But, thankfully, he graduated last spring (congratulations, Darron!) and took a coaching job at Purdue University Calumet. As a result, prez2012.com is now the #5 search result!

See his whole bio here. Check out his motto: "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.”

And, ok, here are those pics my dad and sis have been bugging me about. Click here.

5 Comments:

At 1/31/2007 11:54 PM , Blogger Mark said...

He's no Mark S. Manasse

 
At 2/01/2007 2:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

by linking to "the big smooth's" site, aren't you helping his cause on the google search results?

 
At 2/02/2007 6:33 AM , Blogger prez said...

Good point, dmd. But I welcome the competition.

I'm hoping that he finds this blog and says hello! Darron, if you're reading this, write me! I'll post your response!

 
At 2/02/2007 8:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the photos!! We are now truly a part of your website. :) The girls will be thrilled!!

Big Sis

 
At 2/06/2007 10:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! If you still have asperations of being president in 2012 you better get your butt in gear!

Fondly,

Aunt Linda

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home