Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Hot Dog Blog

I went to the Angels-A's game today. Unfortunately, all the drama had been sucked out by last night's Angels victory when they clinched the western division championship. Half the guys who played for the Angels today I had never heard of, and this unexciting band of no-names lost to the A's 6-1.

BUT - my mind was really on something else anyway. Wednesdays at A's games are "Double Play Wednesdays." You can get tickets for $2 and hot dogs for just $1 (aka "Dollar Dogs"). Knowing this, Mark challenged me to eat 10 hot dogs.

Was I successful? Click on the audioblog below to find out!

this is an audio post - click to play

6 Comments:

At 9/29/2005 12:06 AM , Blogger Mark said...

I think you should blog about the razzing you got at the game.

...but I still think it's cool that you ate ten hotdogs. I knew I should have said "20"

 
At 9/29/2005 12:12 AM , Blogger prez said...

It wasn't easy. The 7th hot dog was especially tough. I was starting to feel a little bit queasy. I ate the 8th, 9th, and 10th in the middle of the 8th, top of the ninth, and just after the end of the game, respectively.

 
At 9/29/2005 12:15 AM , Blogger Mark said...

I imagined you would buy a few hotdogs at a time...to at least keep them "fresh"

I know how you like fresh meat.

 
At 9/29/2005 12:26 AM , Blogger prez said...

I bought 3, then around the 5th inning got 7 more.

Dollar dogs are pretty much the same no matter if they're "fresh" from the hot dog lady or if they've been sitting around a few innings. Either way, they're not very high quality.

 
At 10/01/2005 1:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

why he likes the not so high quality not so fresh "dollar dogs" from the hot dog lady: http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/266726p-228371c.html
it wasnt easy he was a little queasy

 
At 2/27/2010 1:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, as you can see this is my first post here.
Hope to get any assistance from you if I will have any quesitons.
Thanks and good luck everyone! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home