Saturday, September 19, 2009

San Gabriel River Trail: Trail of Terror!



Enjoying a hot Saturday afternoon on the San Gabriel River Trail, when all hell breaks loose!

What went through my mind:

0:00 Hey, this is a great idea! I can't believe I haven't done this before. I can show people what my rides are like.

0:13 Just keeping the camera looking straight ahead will be boring. I'll pan to the left!

0:19 And the right!

0:24 Well, I am going almost 20 MPH. I should show that, too!

0:30 Hmmm, I'm watching the road through the camera instead of watching the road itself. That might be a little dan--.... nah, who am I kidding. This is great! Safe and great!

0:35 Whoa, THAT was an unexpected little bump! Good thing it wasn't worse since I'm only hanging onto the handlebars with the tips of my left hand.

0:40 Hmmm... Road's a little curvy. That will add excitement to the video!

0:59 The mix of shadows and bright sunlight is making it a little difficult to see what's ahead. But hey, great video!

1:00 Hey, the trail isn't--
1:01 WTF?!?!? Why is the trail curving to the--
1:02 Maybe I should stop fil--
1:03 CLIP OUT! CLIP OUT! CLIP OUT! CLI--
1:03.5 I'd better stop filming. This is going to be embarrassing.
1:04 OH SHHHHH--

And then I ran into a chainlink fence. And two other cyclists saw me do it. They came up to me as I'm pulling myself up off the ground, my right foot still clipped in, camera clutched in my right hand, and the guy very slowly says to me, "Are you okay? Do you need help?"

Hehe.... maybe I do.

4 Comments:

At 9/20/2009 6:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep up that kind of stuff and you will end up like Mark. I helped build part of that trail.

 
At 9/20/2009 6:47 AM , Blogger Mark said...

I'm glad you are OK...but I would have liked to have seen you go into the fence. Keep rolling next time.

 
At 9/20/2009 11:32 AM , Blogger prez said...

I have to say, I was VERY disappointed when I reviewed the video later that I had stopped filming just prior to the crash. It would have been awesome to see and hear.

 
At 9/20/2009 12:46 PM , Blogger Mark said...

I really wish I had breaking my collarbone on tape. I don't know if I have ever dropped so many f-bombs in a row in my life.

Pure comedy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home